What we provide
- pre-trip Information Package which tells you what you'll need to bring including recommended clothing.
- transportation to and from the put-in.
- shortie wet suits available for rent at a nominal cost.
- sea kayaks, paddles, PFDs (life vests), spray skirts, dry bags.
- safety equipment, communication equipment
- Maine state taxes included.
- guiding experience of a professional Maine Guide - Peter has six years kayaking experience in the region.
- All of the above, plus:
- meals and snacks for your sea kayaking trip starting with lunch on the first day through to lunch on the final day, though you're welcome to bring along your own supply of extra snacks.
- tents, and all camping gear - cooking equipment, tarps, lamps etc - for the campsite, all except sleeping bags and sleeping pads. (If you'd like to rent a sleeping bag and a pad, let us know sleeping bags will be freshly laundered).
- permits and / or approvals for overnight camping.
Cost per person
- One-Day Trip: $185, every day except Monday.
- Two-Day Trip: $370, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Three-Day Trip: $555, Tuesdays and Fridays.
- The Environment: Discover one of the most treasured marine environments on the East Coast. Be rewarded with the satisfaction you’ll gain from doing something in the outdoors that most people will never have the opportunity to do. Be prepared for the unexpected - in a good way.
- The Food: If you're joining us for an multi-day trip, get ready for some mouth-watering meals made with locally sourced ingredients. Check out a sample menu.
- The Gear: Paddling is our passion and we want only the best equipment and have some of the best kayaks and paddling gear on the market. We paddle fiberglass or combination carbon / fiberglass kayaks, carbon fiber paddles and top-of-the-line life vests and dry bags. Our tents and camp equipment are state-of-the-art and new in 2015 which makes the camping experience more enjoyable for you.
- Our Commitment: It's really important to us that we provide a quality experience with solid value. We're committed to making sure that the trip is right for you, the customer. It's important to us that we provide you with a quality experience, a trip that you'll remember as being "something special I did that summer" and we'll do our very best to make this happen.
- Safety: We're committed to trip safety - it’s our number one priority. It’s our job to make sure you're dressed correctly and feel safe and at all times. We'll provide you with a detailed list of suggested clothing in your Pre-Trip Information Package. and we'll provide training, if needed so that you're safe on the water. We recommend wearing a wetsuit (you can rent from us at a nominal cost).
- Weather: Waters around Deer Isle and Stonington can be hazardous and the weather, even in summer, can change rapidly. We'll provide you with a detailed NOAA weather forecast and information about currents and tides We'll text you with a weather snapshot 24 hours before a trip. We'll also get frequent weather updates from NOAA on multi-day trips.
- Physical requirements: Trips are suitable for active singles, couples and families with teenage children (age 14 and up) with a maximum of four paddlers in the group. You should be in good physical condition since we'll be paddling between four and six hours a day. However, the trip will be designed to be less challenging if the group is made up of novice paddlers. If you're a beginner, we'll start slow with some flat water practice and you'll find that your paddling technique and confidence will steadily improve throughout the day.